- THE MASNOON SAUM
- SAUM IN ABNORMAL TIME ZONES
- THE SAUM OF RAMADHAN
- NATHR SAUM
- KAFFARAH OF RAMADHAN
- THINGS WHICH BREAK THE FAST
- THINGS WHICH DO NOT BREAK THE FAST
- QADHA SAUM
- THINGS WHICH MAKE PERMISSIBLE THE BREAKING OF SAUM
- FIDYAH AND WASIYYAT
- THINGS WHICH PERMIT ABSTENTION FROM SAUM
- THE DAYS WHEN IT IS FORBIDDEN TO FAST
- THE VIRTUES, SIGNIFICANCE AND REWARDS OF SAUM
- THE SIGHTING OF THE MOON
- WAJIB (COMPULSORY) SAUM
- MASA-IL PERTAINING TO SAUM
- THE THREE CLASSES OF FASTING
(1) Eating or drinking breaks the Saum.
(2) Sexual intercourse even if there is no emergence of semen.
(4) Inhaling smoke by one's own action, e.g. inhaling the smoke of incence, etc.
(5) Application of medication into the anus.
(6) Swallowing any substance or object which is not normally consumed as food or medicine, e.g. pebbles, paper, a coin, etc.
(7) Pouring oil into the ears.
(8) Saliva mingled with blood will break the fast if the taste of blood is discernable when swallowing.
(9) Eating deliberately after having eaten mistakenly. (Eating by mistake does not break the fast).
(9) Water slipping down the throat while making wudhu even if not done deliberately
(10) Deliberately inducing oneself to vomit will break the fast if the vomit is a mouthful. If the emergence of the vomit cannot be restrained, the vomit will be said to be a mouthful. Vomiting less than a mouthful will not break the fast even if deliberately induced.
(11) A food particle the size of a chana (about the size of half a pea). becoming unstuck from the teeth and slipping down the throat.
(12) Applying drops of medicine into the nostrils.
(13) Masturbation. In addition to it nullifying the Saum, it is an immoral and a sinful act. The perpetrator has been cursed by Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
(14) Medical tests undertaken by Women in which any instrument, etc. is internally inserted.
(15) Ejaculation as a result of caressing and fondling the wife even if there was no sexual intercourse.